Go Warriors! Opportunity Fund
GO WARRIORS! ALOHA HIGH SCHOOL OPPORTUNITY FUND
We invite you to join us (class of ’70 and ’71), in networking with other alumni to build the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! The original alumni classes have now been joined by more than eight classes and the community.
To celebrate our 45th and 44th reunion, we established the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! It awards grants through the Beaverton Education Foundation to small non athletic student groups (8 or more) with seed money and fund optional class activities in a wide range of areas. The fund pools the resources of all alumni classes and the Aloha community to encourage initiative, planning, budgeting, problem solving, project execution and delivery. It it used to stimulate student interest in exploring career and personal development.
Why build an endowment fund?
Traditionally endowment funds established by alumni were in the domain of private high schools. Recent news has focused on family income demographics of current students and educational funding cutbacks. Our effort will help change the current perception with a permanent resource and is a great way to let current and future students know that we care and consider them to be our most valuable asset as it was in the past!
The goal is to reach $50,000 to become a permanent endowment fund which grows and awards funds year after year. For more information contact AHS7071@gmail.com.
Now the BEF Beaverton's Choice Project link https://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ will immediately update the fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift.
We also have an AHS 50th Anniversary Celebration video posted on Youtube - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkGEWOr2Rs with event pictures/videos. The event was well received and had over 300 alumni, staff, and community members attend.
Fund Update and Promotion Information
For information on the latest fund update and promotions see our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GoWarriorsAHSFund
Donation Flyer and Form
Link to Donation Flyer and Form at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view
Tax deductible gifts are accepted year round at: https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/Gowarriors or by mail to:
Beaverton Education Foundation (BEF)
3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #168
Beaverton, OR 97005
(Make check payable to Beaverton Education Foundation indicating the Go Warriors! Fund Term (for current students) and Endowment distribution amounts)
Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund
Update as of 1/31/2020:
Activities and News
Social Media Update
- Complete review and publish Aloha High School Sport On Headlines and Highlights 2018-2019 video. A preview is available online at https://youtu.be/r8-rxofGHaI. The longer 6+ minute version is available for download as a Thank You gift for donors.
- Advertise upcoming Alumni Greet & Meet 2020 events. Extended meeting awareness campaign to Instagram.
- Begin active development of Aloha High School Headlines and Highlights 2018-2019 video, the final video for last year. It will be a blend of arts, sports, academics, events and activities for the year. It will be available as a Thank You gift as well.
- A reunion announcement video for all 2020 reunions is now under development.
- Expecting to participate in spring mock interviews with students through the Career Center. If you are interested send an email to AHSWarriors.email@example.com or leave a voicemail with contact info at 971-217-8950.
- Meet & Greet monthly gatherings are continuing the second Monday of each month. It’s a great opportunity to meet other alums! Next meetings: Monday Feb 10th and Mar 9th.
Go Warriors! Board
- Regular meetings now held as needed until April 2020.
- Update: We are excited to have four AHS requests are in the pipeline to BEF. The Board will consider them once they are published to the Beaverton Education Foundation Beaverton’s Choice site, https://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/
- If you would like to make a difference today consider a gift to https://fundrazr.com/AHS_GoWarriors_CurrentFund_19
Project Awards 2019-2020
- House of Hands-On Learning expand project work as needed to offer a full spectrum of construction elements for woodshop and construction for all weather tent. Award $500.
Go Warrior! Tax deductible gifts can be sent printing and mailing this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view)
or by pasting ( https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/gowarriors ) into your browser to fill out the electronic form at BEF. Using this form you can also setup a recurring monthly gift to minimize your budget impact.
Now the Beaverton’s Choice project links ( http://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ ) will immediately update the Fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift!
Endowment Fund Update
When Go Warriors! was established in 2015, our goal was/is to hit $50,000 in 5 years. We started with just two classes ’70-’71 and the Community. We now have gifts from 12 classes and the Community. The class of ’71 has exceeded $10,000 with ’70 and the Community poised to pass that milestone.
We hope each class, class member, friend/s, and community member will push the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Endowment Fund over $50,000 in 2020!!
Reported Principal value
as Dec 31, 2018 $27,197.36
2019 contributions $3,250.00
Distributions as of Dec 31, 2019 $788.82
Change value net
in Principal invested $3,390.98
as of Dec 31, 2019 $33,049.52
In Jan the class of ’71 extended it’s lead by another $200! ’71 is now ahead of ’70 by $1337!! The community added a $30 gift too!
Continuing - A very generous Dec gift of $500 came in. It is currently attributed to the Community total of $9199.50. Attribution could change based on information from the donor.
Your support is highly valued!! Thank you!!
Current Funds available for grants (includes Endowment Fund payout): $1,603.32
Endowment Fund $30,280.00
Term Fund $6,694.50
Cum Total All Funds $36,974.50
Class of ’70 $9,439.00
Class of ’71 $10,776.00
Class of ’73 $500.00
Class of ‘74 $20.00
Class of ’76 $5140.00
Class of ’77 $90.00
Class of ’87 $100.00
Class of ’95 $500.00
Class of ’05 $50.00
Class of ’08 $383.33
Class of ’11 $333.33
Class of ’14 $353.33
Aloha High School $60.00
Cum Total - all Funds $36,974.50