Go Warriors! Opportunity Fund
GO WARRIORS! ALOHA HIGH SCHOOL OPPORTUNITY FUND
We invite you to join us (class of ’70 and ’71), in networking with other alumni to build the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! The original alumni classes have now been joined by more than twelve classes and the community.
To celebrate our 45th and 44th reunion, we established the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! It awards grants through the Beaverton Education Foundation to small non athletic student groups (8 or more) with seed money and fund optional class activities in a wide range of areas. The fund pools the resources of all alumni classes and the Aloha community to encourage initiative, planning, budgeting, problem solving, project execution and delivery. It it used to stimulate student interest in exploring career and personal development.
Why build an endowment fund?
Traditionally endowment funds established by alumni were in the domain of private high schools. Recent news has focused on family income demographics of current students and educational funding cutbacks. Our effort will help change the current perception with a permanent resource and is a great way to let current and future students know that we care and consider them to be our most valuable asset as it was in the past!
The goal is to reach $50,000 to become a permanent endowment fund which grows and awards funds year after year. For more information contact AHS7071@gmail.com.
Now the BEF Beaverton's Choice Project link https://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ will immediately update the fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift.
We also have an AHS 50th Anniversary Celebration video posted on Youtube - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkGEWOr2Rs with event pictures/videos. The event was well received and had over 300 alumni, staff, and community members attend.
Fund Update and Promotion Information
For information on the latest fund update and promotions see our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GoWarriorsAHSFund
Donation Flyer and Form
To mail a gift print the Donation Flyer at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view
Tax deductible gifts are accepted year round at: https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/Gowarriors or by mail to:
Beaverton Education Foundation (BEF)
3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #168
Beaverton, OR 97005
(Make check payable to Beaverton Education Foundation indicating the Go Warriors! Fund Term (for current students) and Endowment distribution amounts)
Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund
Update as of 10/31/2020:
Activities and News
- Dec Aloha Alumni Meet & Greet is scheduled for 7:00pm Dec 14th, 2020. Gathering details are posted at alumniclass.com, Facebook, and YouTube. The Meet & Greet gathering supports current and future students as well as encourages alumni networking across classes.
- To change the perception of Aloha High School in the Aloha community often based on family income not student, teacher, and school accomplishments or the actual experience and how possible approaches that contribute to resolution. We have prioritized the following for exploration and action in 2020-21:
- Explore Avid and career volunteer opportunities
- Capture and increase awareness of teacher stories. Many teachers and staff have dedicated 20 years to the school.
- Increase awareness of student achievements academic as well as clubs and athletics.
Beaverton Education Foundation
End of fiscal year results and payout released! The Go Warriors Endowment Fund payout for 2019-2020 is $854.59.
Over the last two BEF fiscal years, the endowment fund has paid out $1,677.91. The payout is based on the lagging 36 month average $. Increasing that number every month makes a difference!
Aloha High School
- What’s currently going on @ AHS? Sports conditioning scheduled for the first weeks of Nov has been delayed for two weeks due to the statewide pause. Sports are tentatively scheduled to resume in Spring 2021. Results from student club survey interest are back resulting in about 20 online clubs.
Go Warriors! Board
- A backup Go Warriors! Administrator is exploring current processes and documents to prepare for any unexpected events. A search for a volunteer Assistant Go Warriors Administrator is underway. If you are interested in more info let Chris know ( leave a msg/text 971-217-8950). This position will transition as future replacement.
- Currently recruiting new Board members and alternates! We would like to have between 5-7 active Board members with alternates. There is one Board member with alternate per class. Today we have two classes (’70 and ’71) represented with no alternates. Use Messenger through a Facebook page/group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a msg/text 971-217-8950
- Complete Facebook Go Warriors! Gift campaign to solicit funds for the current budget.
Project Awards 2019-2020
- Due to physical school closure we will not have request fulfillment results from 2 awarded grants until 2020-21 school year assuming some in person activities resume.
- Books, books & more good books. – Award $500 – Project request expired - Status – BEF update needed "The sophomore class of Aloha High School is looking to update their book club options this year and provide titles that are more accessible, especially for struggling readers and English Language Learners.”
- Funding of $500 was approved by the Board but the full amount requested of $1500 has not yet been met. $900 has been raised with $600 to go. The request has been paused and will likely be re-activated later this year.
Project Awards for 2020-2021
- Reached out to the school Activities Director to see what the need will be for this year. She is currently surveying students for their interests. Survey results are back. With the current budget fully funded for requests, we will follow-up with the School to determine their current requests under these challenging circumstances.
What can you do to support AHS this year?
- Volunteer to give students interview practice using your interview experience.
- Explore AVID as a volunteer working with students.
- Participate in the Bottle and Can Drive when announced on Facebook which will help fund requests to the Booster Club.
- Give a tax deductible gift of up to $300 to either the Go Warriors! Opportunity Endowment or Current Fund which can be done in 2020 even if you are not itemizing.
- By mail print and mail this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer
- By completing the BEF form at https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/gowarriors. Using this form you can also setup a recurring monthly gift to minimize your budget impact.
- Use our Beaverton’s Choice project link at http://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ which will immediately update the Fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift!
- By mail print and mail this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer
Beaverton Education Foundation has created a new 2020-2021 Go Warriors Current project for the new fiscal year (July 2020 -June 2021). Funds raised are added to the Current Funds available (below), the 2020 Endowment Fund payout, and can be used any time for school requests. To see your impact right away this is the fund for you! https://fundrazr.com/AHS_GoWarriors_20-21
Current fund received $45 from the Community in Oct. Note: Budget fulfillment occurred with a gift in early Nov from class of ’70! More on this next month.
2020 Cumulative Current Status
Current Funds available with 2019-2020 endowment payout: $1722.91
Endowment Fund $31,380.00
Term Fund $7,139.50
Cum Total All Funds $38,519.50
Class of ’70 $9,439.00
Class of ’71 $11,776.00
Class of ’73 $1000.00
Class of ‘74 $20.00
Class of ’76 $5140.00
Class of ’77 $90.00
Class of '80 $500.00
Class of ’87 $100.00
Class of ’95 $500.00
Class of '00 $30.00
Class of ’05 $50.00
Class of ’08 $383.33
Class of ’11 $333.33
Class of ’14 $353.33
Aloha High School $60.00
Cum Total - all Funds $38,519.50