Go Warriors! Opportunity Fund
Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund
We invite you to join us (class of ’70 and ’71), in networking with other alumni to build the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! The original alumni classes have now been joined by more than twelve classes and the community.
To celebrate our 45th and 44th reunion, we established the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! It awards grants through the Beaverton Education Foundation to small non athletic student groups (8 or more) with seed money and fund optional class activities in a wide range of areas. The fund pools the resources of all alumni classes and the Aloha community to encourage initiative, planning, budgeting, problem solving, project execution and delivery. It it used to stimulate student interest in exploring career and personal development.
Why build an endowment fund?
Traditionally endowment funds established by alumni were in the domain of private high schools. Recent news has focused on family income demographics of current students and educational funding cutbacks. Our effort will help change the current perception with a permanent resource and is a great way to let current and future students know that we care and consider them to be our most valuable asset as it was in the past!
The goal is to reach $50,000 to become a permanent endowment fund which grows and awards funds year after year. For more information contact AHS7071@gmail.com.
Now the BEF Beaverton's Choice Project link https://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ will immediately update the fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift.
We also have an AHS 50th Anniversary Celebration video posted on Youtube - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkGEWOr2Rs with event pictures/videos. The event was well received and had over 300 alumni, staff, and community members attend.
Fund Update and Promotion Information
For information on the latest fund update and promotions see our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GoWarriorsAHSFund
Donation Flyer and Form
To mail a gift print the Donation Flyer at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view
Tax deductible gifts are accepted year round at: https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/Gowarriors or by mail to:
Beaverton Education Foundation (BEF)
3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #168
Beaverton, OR 97005
(Make check payable to Beaverton Education Foundation indicating the Go Warriors! Fund Term (for current students) and Endowment distribution amounts)
Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund Update
Update as of 1/31/2021
Activities and News
- Meet & Greet Gathering meetings on hold until March. March Aloha Alumni Meet & Greet is scheduled for 7:00pm on March 8th, 2021. Gathering details are posted and alumniclass.com, Facebook, and YouTube. The Meet & Greet gathering supports current and future students as well as encourages alumni networking across classes.
Beaverton Education Foundation
- Followed up on this deliverable. We are expecting a calendar update report for 2020 from BEF (Beaverton Education Foundation) shortly. It will be published upon arrival.
- End of fiscal year results and payout released! The Go Warriors Endowment Fund payout for 2019-2020 is $854.59. Over the last two BEF fiscal years, the endowment fund has paid out $1,677.91
Aloha High School
- OSAA Sports Calendar updated for 20-21
- Fall Sports (cross country, soccer, volleyball, and football) season Feb 22 - Apr 11th
- Spring Sports (baseball, softball, golf, tennis, track and field) season Apr 5th - May 23rd
- Winter Sports (swimming, wrestling, basketball) season May 10th – June 27th
Go Warriors! Board
- A backup Go Warriors! Administrator has volunteered. Terry Styner ‘73, is exploring current processes and documents to prepare for any unexpected events. A search for a volunteer Assistant Go Warriors Administrator and Marketing Admin for Assistant and Marketing Admin backup is underway. Training is available for all roles. If you are interested in more info let Chris know ( leave a msg/text 971-217-8950). This position will transition as future replacement.
- Currently recruiting new Board members and alternates! We would like to have between 5-7 active Board members with alternates. There is one Board member with alternate per class. Today we have two classes (’70 and ’71) represented with no alternates.
- Use Messenger through a Facebook page/group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a msg/text 971-217-8950
Project Awards 2019-2020
- Due to physical school closure we will not have request fulfillment results from 2 awarded grants until 2020-21 school year assuming some in person activities resume.
- Books, books & more good books. – Award $500 – Project request expired - Status – BEF update needed "The sophomore class of Aloha High School is looking to update their book club options this year and provide titles that are more accessible, especially for struggling readers and English Language Learners.”
- Funding of $500 was approved by the Board but the full amount requested of $1500 has not yet been met. $900 has been raised with $600 to go. The request has been paused and will likely be re-activated later this year.
- Followed up with BEF. They have reached out to requestor several times. BEF will try again to get a status.
Project Awards for 2020-2021
- I could have used a little more tuba. – Band request award - $750
- Description: Since 2017, our program has doubled from 45 students to a projected 100 in 2021 which means our instrument inventory has been stretched to its limit. This year, we have the wonderful problem of four tuba players, but only three tubas! During a normal year, students would share the large instruments while having their own mouthpieces.
- While we are in distance learning, and even during hybrid, we will not be able to do this, nor is it ideal going forward. This fundraiser would help our low brass students all have an instrument of their own.
- See Band members “Thank you” video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLz3YwKRPqw
What can you do to support AHS this year?
- Volunteer to give students interview practice using your interview experience.
- Explore AVID as a volunteer working with students.
- Participate in the Bottle and Can Drive when announced on Facebook which will help fund requests to the Booster Club.
- Give a tax deductible gift of up to $300 to either the Go Warriors! Opportunity Endowment or Current Fund which can be done in 2020 even if you are not itemizing.
- By mail print and mail this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer
- By completing the BEF form at https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/gowarriors. Using this form you can also setup a recurring monthly gift to minimize your budget impact.
- Use our Beaverton’s Choice project link at http://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ which will immediately update the Fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift!
- By mail print and mail this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer
Beaverton Education Foundation has created a new 2020-2021 Go Warriors Current project for the new fiscal year (July 2020 -June 2021). Funds raised are added to the Current Funds available (below), the 2020 Endowment Fund payout, and can be used any time for school requests. To see your impact right away this is the fund for you! https://fundrazr.com/AHS_GoWarriors_20-21
Update: Class of ’71 has gifted $200 to the Endowment Fund bringing us up to $33,680 which is within $1320 of topping off the currently open BEF project. Class of ’71 ahead of ‘70 by $4287!
Thank you so much!
We broke the $40,000 milestone for cumulative fund raised and awarded funds to 17 AHS requests and counting! See the YouTube video for a milestone update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5fcqc8IcY
Above-the-line tax deduction for gifts of cash to charity of up to $300 for individuals and up to $600 for joint filers are available for 2021.
Have you made a gift this year? Will new classes join us? Talk to your friends.
2020 Cumulative Current Status
Current Funds available with 2019-2020 endowment payout: $1322.91
Endowment Fund $33,680.00
Term Fund $7,489.50
Cum Total All Funds $41,169.50
Class of ’70 $9,789.00
Class of ’71 $14,076.00
Class of ’73 $1000.00
Class of ‘74 $20.00
Class of ’76 $5140.00
Class of ’77 $90.00
Class of '80 $500.00
Class of ’87 $100.00
Class of ’95 $500.00
Class of '00 $30.00
Class of ’05 $50.00
Class of ’08 $383.33
Class of ’11 $333.33
Class of ’14 $353.33
Aloha High School $60.00
Cum Total - all Funds $41,169.50