Go Warriors! Opportunity Fund
GO WARRIORS! ALOHA HIGH SCHOOL OPPORTUNITY FUND
We invite you to join us (class of ’70 and ’71), in networking with other alumni to build the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! The original alumni classes have now been joined by more than eight classes and the community.
To celebrate our 45th and 44th reunion, we established the Go Warriors! Aloha High School Opportunity Fund! It awards grants through the Beaverton Education Foundation to small non athletic student groups (8 or more) with seed money and fund optional class activities in a wide range of areas. The fund pools the resources of all alumni classes and the Aloha community to encourage initiative, planning, budgeting, problem solving, project execution and delivery. It it used to stimulate student interest in exploring career and personal development.
Why build an endowment fund?
Traditionally endowment funds established by alumni were in the domain of private high schools. Recent news has focused on family income demographics of current students and educational funding cutbacks. Our effort will help change the current perception with a permanent resource and is a great way to let current and future students know that we care and consider them to be our most valuable asset as it was in the past!
The goal is to reach $50,000 to become a permanent endowment fund which grows and awards funds year after year. For more information contact AHS7071@gmail.com.
Now the BEF Beaverton's Choice Project link https://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ will immediately update the fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift.
We also have an AHS 50th Anniversary Celebration video posted on Youtube - - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkGEWOr2Rs with event pictures/videos. The event was well received and had over 300 alumni, staff, and community members attend.
Fund Update and Promotion Information
For information on the latest fund update and promotions see our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GoWarriorsAHSFund
Donation Flyer and Form
Link to Donation Flyer and Form at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view
Tax deductible gifts are accepted year round at: https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/Gowarriors or by mail to:
Beaverton Education Foundation (BEF)
3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #168
Beaverton, OR 97005
(Make check payable to Beaverton Education Foundation indicating the Go Warriors! Fund Term (for current students) and Endowment distribution amounts)
Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund
Update as of 09/30/2019:
Activities and News:
Social Media Update:
- Initial development of Aloha High School Sport On! Headlines and & Highlights 2018-2019 continues. It focuses on the AHS widespread accomplishments and activities in the sports arena. Construction is continuing. with school review next. A brief promo will be made available once it is finalized. The full version to be available as Thank you gift.
- Board met with Matt Casteel on school focus, priorities and goals. Follow-up meeting planned to explore CTE (Career Technical Education) support. Go Warriors is made up of two initiatives 1) short term request based support for small groups 2) longer term career focus. Most of our efforts and resources have been on 1). The 2) initiative will be funded separately so there will be no impact on the short term.
- Working with school to identify potential short term funding requests.
- Several alumni volunteers will participate on Nov 14th in mock job interviews to give students interview feedback opportunities. Another opportunity will be available spring of 2020.
- Plan and advertise the Alumni and Community Meet and Greet gathering scheduled for Oct 14th. Based on interest we are exploring interest in a general alumni organization. If you have an interest, let us know, and stop by!
Go Warriors! Board:
Regular meetings now held as needed until April 2020.
Go Warrior! Tax deductible gifts can be sent printing and mailing this Go Warriors! AHS Opportunity Fund flyer (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HcdpD6B3EKaE1yMnNUN0dsZGc/view)
or by pasting ( https://beavertonkids.ejoinme.org/gowarriors ) into your browser to fill out the electronic form at BEF. Using this form you can also setup a recurring monthly gift to minimize your budget impact.
Now the Beaverton’s Choice project links ( http://www.beavertonedfoundation.org/beavertons-choice/ ) will immediately update the Fund total and send a receipt reflecting your gift!
Class ’71 is first class to pass $10,000! Whoo-hoo!!!! ’71 extended it’s lead to crush the Community and the class of ’70!
Class ’71 stands at $10,576, Class ’70 $9,439, Community $8,699.50, and Class ’76 at $5,140. Way to go ’71!! Who will finish the calendar year ahead?
Your support is highly valued!! Thank you!!
Current Funds Available for grants (includes Endowment Fund payout): $2003.32
Endowment Fund $29,650.00
Term Fund $6,594.50
Cum Total All Funds $36,244.50
Class of ’70 $9,439.00
Class of ’71 $10,576.00
Class of ’73 $500.00
Class of ‘74 20.00
Class of ’76 $5140.00
Class of ’77 $90.00
Class of ’87 $100.00
Class of ’95 $500.00
Class of ’05 $50.00
Class of ’08 $383.33
Class of ’11 $333.33
Class of ’14 $353.33
Aloha High School 60.00
Cum Total - all Funds $36,244.50