School Learning Plan
Aloha High School
Aloha High School’s Core Values, developed and approved through the Aloha Leadership Team, include the beliefs and attitudes that guide our behavior and relationships with others. They are the important and enduring ideals, shared by the members of our culture, about what is good or desirable and what is not. These values exert major influence on the behavior of the individuals within our culture and serve as broad guidelines in all situations. These are the filters for all of our decision-making from this day forward. Aloha High School’s Core Values are:
We are Warriors
We work hard
We build trust
We express gratitude
We own it
We are worth it
We are 'Ohana
An organization’s tagline is intended to let you quickly and efficiently sum up what an organization is all about and leave a lasting impression during a short encounter with the recipient. The pre-existing Aloha tagline of “Grit to Gold” never seemed to capture the core idea of Aloha. Again, through lots of transparent discussion and gathering input from stakeholders, we rallied around a change. Our new tagline is:
We are Warriors. We are 'Ohana.
The continued work of developing a set of school goals was hampered by the COVID-19 shutdown but has been restarted. We see goals as strategic objectives which outline expected outcomes and guide our efforts. These goals will direct activities, define performance standards, constrain the pursuit of unnecessary goals and function as incentives. Though we are still working to finalize our goals, the draft versions are:
85% on Track
'Ohana for All
Date of Last Revision: December 2020
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.